Showing 4868 results

Archival description
17 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
Calabogie Annals
CA ON00279 7-0004 · Series · 1974-1981
Part of Sisters of St. Joseph of Pembroke Annals fonds

This series contains the annals from 1974 to 1981 of the Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Pembroke, Ontario’s ministry in St. Joseph’s Parish in Calabogie, Ontario. These records include accounts of day-to-day activities, religious events, healthcare, household maintenance, finances, seasonal outings in nature, musical events, and the Sisters involvement with education in Calobogie, Ontario. There is correspondence, a newspaper clipping, and one colour photograph of the Sisters’ 50th Calabogie Mission Anniversary. There is also a historical summary of 1924 to 1974 on the growth of the Calabogie community and printed black and white pictures of the Sisters, convent, church, and school.

Cameron Avenue
CA ON00279 F01-S072-04-03 · File · 1959-1977
Part of Annals Windsor, Ont. series

This file contains photographs of St. Joseph's Convent and correspondence about the 60th anniversary of Holy Name of Mary Church, the Sisters who taught at Sacred Heart School, Father J. A. Rooney, and the sale of the convent on Cameron Avenue.

Cameron Avenue
CA ON00279 F01-S072-04 · Subseries · 1930-1977
Part of Annals Windsor, Ont. series

This subseries contains the history of St. Joseph's Convent on Cameron Avenue, Windsor, Ontario. The Sisters arrived to 145 Cameron Avenue in 1930 to teach at Sacred Heart School. In 1937 the street was renumbered and the convent became 369 Cameron Avenue. In 1943 the Sisters began teaching music at the convent. The Sisters moved to a new convent up the street, 377 Cameron Avenue, in 1945. The Sisters decided to close this residence in 1959 and moved to St. Joseph's House of Study on Sandwich Street.